Having worked under various ENT and HNS surgeons and having attended various hands-on surgical workshops, Dr. Bijjal Raj developed a plethora of surgical skills in the field of ENT and HNS. He is the winner of the prestigious Dr. R. A. F. Cooper award for the best original research paper for the year 2020. He has dissected over 50 cadaveric temporal bones during post-graduation and fellowship tenure which has helped to sharpen his skills in various Otological procedures. He has been trained by eminent otologist Prof. Dr. H. Vijayendra and has a work experience of over 7 years.
Education & Qualifications
- M.B.B.S - JJM Medical College, Davanagere
- Diploma in Laryngorhino Otology (DLO) - JNMC, KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research (KAHER), Belagavi
- Fellowship in Micro Ear Surgery (FMES) - KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research (KAHER), Belagavi
- Certification in Cochlear Implant surgery, IMMAST, Mumbai
- Worked as an Intern in Chigateri General Hospital, Davanagere, 2012-2013.
- Worked as an Intern in Bapuji Hospital, Davanagere, 2012-2013.
- Worked as an Intern in Women and Child Health Hospital, Davanagere, 2012-2013.
- Worked as a Resident in ENT and HNS in KLEs Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital, Belagavi, 2015-2017
- Worked as a Consultant ENT surgeon, St. Joseph’s Mission Hospital, Wayanad, Kerala, 2018-2019.
- Worked as a Junior Consultant, Cavalier Hospital, Bangalore, 2019.
- Worked as a visiting Consultant, North Bangalore Hospital, 2019.
- Worked as a visiting Consultant, Stepmed Hospital, Bangalore, 2019.
- Worked and trained under eminent Otologist Dr. H. Vijayendra at Vijaya ENT Care Center, Bangalore, 2020-21.
- Worked as a Fellow in Micro Ear Surgery at KLES Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital, Belagavi, 2020-21
- Worked as Consultant at District Hospital, Chikkaballapur on a contract basis, Aug 2021 - Nov 2021
- Worked as a Visiting Consultant at Shushrusha Hospital, Yelahanka, Bangalore 2021
- Manipal Hospital, Miller’s Road, Bangalore as a Senior Registrar Dec 2021- April 2022
- RMV Hospital, Sanjay Nagar, Bangalore as Consultant since July 2021
Areas of Expertise/Interest
- Micro Ear Surgeries- tympanoplasty, mastoidectomy, stapes surgery, cholesteatoma surgery, facial nerve surgery.
- Nose surgeries- Septoplasty, Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Head & Neck Surgeries
Research & Publications
- Apocrine Hydrocystoma- A rare case report. Indian journal of otolaryngology and head and neck surgery. 71, 59-61. 2019
- Solitary sinonasal fibrous tumor: A rare presentation and pathology. International journal of clinical and experimental otolaryngology. 2020;6(2):114-116