He has been involved in the treatment of cancer for the last 9 years, working in the prestigious high volume centres for cancer care in India. He has worked across all subspecialties of Oncosurgery including Paediatric Solid Tumours and Bone Soft issue Tumours and is experienced in performing all the major oncological procedures independently with a special interest in Gastrointestinal oncology, especially Upper GI and colorectal surgeries. He also holds expertise in advanced minimally invasive surgeries (laparoscopic as well as robotic).
He has been involved in the organisation of many oncological camps, awareness programs and promotional activities of the Onco Department at United Hospital and also setting up of periphery oncologic clinic at nearby taluk and district place on a weekly/monthly basis.
Education & Qualifications
- MS (General Surgery)
- MCh (Surgical Oncology) - Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai
- Currently working as Consultant Surgical Oncologist at Prakriya Hospital, Mile, Bangalore
- Worked as Consultant Surgical Oncologist at Indiana Hospital, Mangalore and headed the department of oncology.
- Specialist Senior Resident at Department of Surgical Oncology at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Senior Resident (Academic - Mch), Department of Surgical Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Senior Resident, Bone and Soft tissue Tumour DMG, Dept of surgical oncology, Tata memorial centre, Mumbai
- Senior Resident, Dr B.R.Ambedkar IRCH, Department of Surgical Oncology, AIIMS, New Delhi
- Senior Resident, Department of surgical oncology, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Instiute and Research Centre, New Delhi
Research & Publications
- Pelvic Inlet Rectal cancer: Is there a need for Neoadjuvant Radiation? – Poster Presentation at ESSO39 at Rotterdam 2019
- Is Adjuvant Chemotherapy Necessary for Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer Patients with Pathological Complete Response after Neoadjuvant Chemoradiotherapy and Radical Surgery? - Poster Presentation at ESSO39 at Rotterdam 2019
- ROBOTIC PELVIC EXENTERATION (PE) FOR LOCALLY ADVANCED COLORECTAL CANCER – A FEASIBLE OPTION IN TODAY’S ERA OF MINIMALLY INVASIVE SURGERY. – Paper Presentation at IASO NATCON 2019, Kolkata
- Pelvic Inlet Rectal cancer: Is there a need for Neoadjuvant Radiation? – Best Poster award at IASO NATCON 2019 Kolkata.
- Waardenburg Syndrome Type 4 association with Hirschprung’s Disease – at KSC ASICON 2011
- Chest Wall Resection and Reconstruction, a technical and reconstructive Challenge – at NATCON IASO 2012
- Pelvic Inlet Rectal Cancer: Is there a need for Neoadjuvant Radiation? @ EJSO 20019
- Is Adjuvant Chemotherapy Necessary for Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer Patients with Pathological Complete Response after Neoadjuvant Chemoradiotherapy and Radical Surgery?- @ EJSO 20019
- Robotic‐assisted low anterior resection: beyond total mesorectal excision; a left vascular approach with presacral fascia excision – a video vignette @ Willey online library 2020
- Complication of urinary reconstruction following total pelvic exenteration for locally advanced rectal cancers – A audit from a South Indian tertiary care cancer centre @ EJSO 2019
- Spontaneous Caecal Perforation associated with Ogilive’s Syndrome following vaginal delivery – A Case Report. Journal of clinical and diagnostic research.
- Carcinoma stomach in Young: Retrospective study from a tertiary care cancer centre in the Indian subcontinent.@ Annals of oncology 2019