Dr. Pavankumar P Rasalkar aims at achieving excellence in the field of Interventional Cardiology. He holds a special interest in Complex Coronary Interventions, Peripheral Interventions, Cardiac Devices, and Intra Vascular Imaging.
Dr. Pavankumar is academically oriented and has a keen interest in research. He has performed more than 20,000 Angiograms,more than 5000 angioplasties. He is Well versed in Echocardiography,Stress Testing and Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography.
Education & Qualifications
- MBBS - Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College, Gulbarga, Karnataka
- MD Internal Medicine - AIIMS, New Delhi
- DM Cardiology - PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Consultant Cardiology at a private hospital in Chandigarh (EDEN Critical Care Hospital) for 6 months.
- Associate Professor & Head Of The Department Of Cardiology at Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences (KIMS) Bangalore(2018 to till date)
- Senior Consultant Interventional Cardiology at Sagar Hospitals,Jayanagar and Apollo Hospitals , Sheshadripuram
- Consultant at Unique Healthcare Centre ,Padmanabha Nagar and Rajajinagar Bangalore.
Research & Publications
Member of committee and contributor to following 2 guidelines:
- INOSA guidelines 2014
- Adult Immunization program guidelines 2014
Original research article:A Prospective Observational Study Of Radiation Trends in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. Ref: Khanal S, Rasalkar PK, Vijayvergiya R. A prospective observational study of radiation trends in the cardiac catheterization laboratory. J Clin Prev Cardiol 2018;7:111-4.
Co-authored chapter on “ Step-by-Step VSD Device Closure” in “ NIC Companion Book Of Interventional Cardiology”, page number 118-129, JAYPEE Publishers, Published in 2016.
Presented a case of difficult double CTO which was tackled successfully “Sequential approach to LAD and Difficult RCA CTO using advanced CTO device” at IJCTO Mumbai June 2017.
National Best interventional case of the year 2019 at India Live 2019: Presented a case of catastrophic complication during TEVAR for Type B aortic dissection which was successfully bailed out “True to false lumen implantation of endovascular graft in type B Aortic dissection, rescued by puncturing the false lumen with Brockenbrough needle and implantation of another graft overlapping the first”. Same case was also presented at at CSI Frankfurt June 2017.