Dr. Vilas B N is consultant Orthopedic Surgeon at United Hospitals. He has completed his AO arthroplasty course on the principles of Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasty. He is commendable in providing immediate and long term care to trauma patients and non-trauma patients, all minor and major orthopedic ailments from simple fractures to complex periarticular fractures. He has good experience and surgical skills in the management of polytrauma.
Education & Qualifications
- MBBS-Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore.
- MD (Microbiology) Mysore Medical College and Research Institute, Mysore.
- Post Graduation - Diploma (Orthopedics)-MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital, Hoskote, Karnataka.
- Fellowship In Arthroplasty -Bangalore Medical College & Research Institute, Bangalore
Orthopedic Surgeon - Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Trauma & Orthopaedics, Bangalore
Research & Publications
- Detection of Adenosine Deaminase in pleural effusion - 36th National Conference of Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists
- Effectiveness of different disinfectants used in various wards of the hospital - 17th Annual State Conference of IAMM-KC
- A study on HBV & HCV co-infection in patients with Chronic Liver Disease at the 2nd International Science Symposium on HIV and Infectious Diseases, Jan 2014.
- Management Of Neglected Post Polio Residual Paralysis Foot With Equino-Cavo-Varus Deformity By Pan-Talar Arthrodesis at 40th
- Karnataka State Annual Conference KOACON 2016
- Dual Mobility Hip Arthroplasty at Bangalore Orthopaedic Society BOS 2015
- Vilas BN, Vijay Chandar R, Nanjundappa HC. Aneurysmal bone cyst in the lateral end of the clavicle: case report. Paripex Indian Journal of Research. Dec 2016; 5(12):217-218.
- Vijay Chandar R, Chethan Kumar R, Vilas BN. Giant cell tumour of tendon sheath of hand. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research. Nov 2016; 6(11):343-345.
- Vilas BN, Lyra PR, Venkatesha D. Co-infection of hepatitis B and hepatitis C virus among chronic liver disease patients in a tertiary care centre: Original Research Article. Pathology Update: Tropical Journal of Pathology & Microbiology. April - June, 2018/ Vol 4/ Issue 2.Print ISSN: 2456-9887, Online ISSN: 2456-1487
- B.N. Vilas, P.R. Lyra and D. Venkatesha. Prevalence of Hepatitis C Virus Infection among Chronic Liver Disease Patients in a Tertiary Care Hospital: Original Research Article. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences ISSN: 2319-7706 Volume 7 Number 02 (2018) Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci (2018) 7(2): 2489-2493
- Hip Arthroplasty
- Knee Arthroplasty
- Trauma Surgeries