Posted on : 04/04/2023 Views : 162
Life after Anti-Reflux Surgery
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease or simply GERD is a very common condition that affects your digestive system. According to experienced doctors working with United hospital, recognised as the best gastroenterology hospital in Bangalore, some of the symptoms of GERD include heartburn, vomiting, a feeling of fullness, trouble swallowing, cough and wheezing.
What causes GERD?
According to the best gastroenterologists in Bangalore working with United Hospital, some of the reasons that can lead to GERD include,
- Eating too much of spicy food
- Activities like bending or sleeping after food
- Certain medications
Treating Reflux Disease
United Hospital, Bangalore has been at the forefront when it comes to advanced treatment options for reflux diseases. With the best medical infrastructures in place accompanied by a highly seasoned and experienced team of gastroenterologists, the hospital has a proven track record of having successfully cured many reflux cases.
Some of the options adopted by gastroenterologists at United Hospital include lifestyle changes, medications and surgery, depending on the complexity of the situation.
Doctors usually choose the option of surgery if both lifestyle changes or medications do not show the desired results. When it comes to surgery, Bangalore’s best hospital, United Hospital is the obvious choice for patients due to the skillsets and surgical brilliance of the surgical gastroenterologists.
Life after Anti-reflux surgery
GERD surgery is a safe surgery especially when it is performed by doctors with a vast amount of experience. At United hospital, known as the best hospital for anti-reflux surgery in Bangalore, doctors make the best use of technology and achieve maximum results in minimum time.
- Usually there will be very limited pain after the surgery
- Your surgeon will prescribe painkillers and antibiotics to relieve you of any pain
- You can begin light activities, two weeks after your surgery after consulting your surgeon
- You can get back to your normal activities around 4-5 weeks after your surgery
- If you feel any complications during your recovery stage, be sure to get in touch with your surgeon immediately.
GERD can be a worrying factor if ignored. It can lead to other severe complications within the digestive system. However, there is no need to worry with the best hospital in Bangalore ready to attend to you immediately.