Posted on : 11/01/2024 Views : 410
What Causes Herniated Discs or Slipped Discs and How Do You Treat It?
The spinal column, a crucial part of our body, is formed by several vertebrae, providing the required posture and mobility. These vertebrae are supported by intricate structures, including discs that cushion and protect them.
According to renowned doctors specializing in Slipped Disc Treatment in Bangalore at United Hospital, these discs can wear due to stress from excessive physical activity, leading to a condition known as a Herniated Disc or Slipped Disc.
Understanding Herniated Disc
Best Slipped Disc Doctors in Bangalore describe Herniated Disc as a condition where a part of the disc protrudes into the spinal lining due to rupture. This is usually observed in the lower back causing severe pain. Sometimes, the pain can become unmanageable and require immediate attention.
Identifying Herniated Disc
Make sure to inform your doctor promptly if you experience the following symptoms:
- Severe low back pain
- Weak back
- Numbness in the feet
- Intense pain during standing, walking or sitting
- Sharp pain around the neck
Eminent surgeons at United Hospital attribute the causes of Slipped Disc to various factors including:
- Advanced Age
- Poor Posture
- Heavy physical activity
- Long hours of either sitting or driving
- Sedentary Lifestyle
Treating Herniated Discs
Experienced Spine surgeons specializing in Disc Herniation in Bangalore indicate that treating slipped discs primarily depends on the disc's position and the complexity of the issue.
- Mild to moderate pain is typically managed with medications and physiotherapy
- Severe to very severe pain may require professionally conducted Herniated Disc surgeries.
- Your doctors will discuss the treatment plan, including recovery and duration.
- Surgery considerations depend on your age and any underlying health conditions.
Herniated Disc can cause severe discomfort due to the acute pain it can subject the patient to. Any unbearable symptom needs to be immediately addressed by the best spine surgeon available. United Hospital has a proven track record for conducting safe and successful herniated disc surgeries and there is no cause for panic at any stage.