Posted on : 10/06/2023 Views : 403
Lung Cancer – Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
One of the most widely observed types of cancer globally is Lung Cancer. According to leading oncologists in Bangalore associated with United Hospital, this type of cancer starts in the lungs and quickly spread to other areas of the body leading to serious complications including death. It is therefore extremely essential not to ignore any symptom observed.
Reputed Onco surgeons associated with United Hospital, rated as the best hospital for lung cancer treatment in Bangalore indicate that the following symptoms have to be brought to the notice of your oncologist immediately.
- Severe cough
- Observing phlegm in the blood
- Chest pain that aggravates during routine activities like laughing, sneezing or even coughing
- Weakness or fatigue
- Loss of appetite
- Sudden weight loss
- Respiratory infections
Am I at Risk?
Experienced Oncologists working with the United Hospital, Bangalore caution that you might be at risk if you are,
- Are a Chain Smoker
- Are continuously exposed to hazardous chemicals
- Are exposed to toxic substances like hydrocarbons
- Have a previous family history of lung cancer
- Exposed to severe air pollution around your area of work or residence
- Improperly administered cancer treatments in the past
Lung cancer specialists in Bangalore explain that there are four stages under which this disease can be categorised.
- Stage 1 – Cancer is detected in the lung but hasn’t yet spread outside
- Stage 2 – Cancer is detected in the lung and nearby lymph nodes
- Stage 3 – Cancer is detected in the lungs and lymph nodes and is centred in the middle of the chest
- Stage 4 – Cancer has started spreading out of the lungs into different parts of the body
Available treatment options
Leading cancer specialists in Bangalore associated with United Hospital explain that treatment depends upon the stage at which the cancer is detected.
The treatment options include
- Radiation Therapy
- Surgical Intervention
The word cancer can cause concern and fear among people. Lung cancer is no different. However, seasoned oncologists from United Hospital who have abundant experience in utilising the latest technology to address this disease have been able to bring in a huge change. Feel free to connect with our oncologists for more information.