Dr. Amith P. Shetty is a compassionate Orthopedic Surgeon with over 9 years of experience in the field. He is known for offering superior care to patients suffering from a broad spectrum of musculoskeletal conditions, ranging from mild to complex. He adheres to high standards of quality and safety while performing any procedure and holds a special interest in arthroplasty and arthroscopy.
Education & Qualifications
- M.B.B.S - K.S Hegde Medical College, Mangalore
- M.S (Orthopaedics) - JJM Medical College, Davangere
- SICOT Diploma (Orthopaedics) - The International Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Trauma
- Fellow in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty, SICOT (Home) Fellowship (1 Jan 2015 – 31 Dec 2015)
- Junior consultant Sunshine joint replacement hospital, Hyderabad (2015-2018 )
- Fellow in Primary and Complex Hip and Knee Arthroplasty at Orthopadische Chirurgie Munchen in Germany (19 Feb 2018 – 30 Apr 2018)
Research & Publications
Completed Dissertation work on “Surgical outcome of Tibial plateau fractures with locking compression plate.”
- Dr. Vijay D. Shetty, Dr. Nikhil S. Shetty and Dr. Amith P. Shetty “Groin pain in athletes: a novel diagnostic approach” 2015 SICOT J, 1, 16. Sourabh Kulkarni,
- Amith P. Shetty, Karan K. Alva, et al. " Patellar instability in Indian population: relevance of tibial tuberosity and trochlear groove distance" SICOT J 2016, 2, 14.
- Dr. Ishwar Meena, Dr. Ashish Shankar, Dr. Amith Shetty et al. "A clinical study of proximal femur locking compression plate in the treatment of intertrochanteric and subtrochanteric fractures of the femur" 2015 bps, vol 2, Issue 5, 456-463.
- A. V. Gurava ReddyM, Manohar, A. Shetty, S. R. Sankinean et al.” A comparative study evaluating the role of adductor canal block catheter versus intraarticular analgesia infusion on knee pain and range of motion in the immediate postoperative period: a prospective multicenter trial” Musculoskelet Surg (2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12306-019-00616-z
- Sourabh Kulkarni, Amith P. Shetty, Karan K. Alva, Saurabh Talekar and Vijay D. Shetty “Reply to comment on Patellar instability in Indian population: relevance of tibial tuberosity and trochlear groove distance.” SICOT J 2019, 5, 24, https://doi.org/10.1051/sicotj/2019018
- Paper presentation in Indian Orthopaedic Association conference 2012 on “Management of proximal humerus fracture with locking plate”.
- International Poster presentation in Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association-2012 on “Treatment of femoral shaft fractures in children with flexible nail”.
- International Poster presentation in Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association-2012 on “Comparative study of pertrochanteric fracture treated with PFN vs. DHS”.
- Paper presentation in Indian Association of Sports Medicine Conference 2015 on “Groin pain in athletes”.
- Paper presentation in SICOT Orthopaedic World Congress 2015 on “An exploratory study of school injuries: Analysis of 2,956 medical entries”.