Dr. D R Shekhar serves as a Senior Consultant in the Department of Plastic Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery at United Hospitals. He has worked with various eminent and renowned hospitals. He secured M.B.B.S degree from MRMC medical college, Gulbarga, during Dec’69. Acquired MS (Gen Surgery) from Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore, during April 76. Specialty MCh degree in Plastic and reconstructive surgery during 1982 from Madurai Medical College, Madurai, Tamil Nadu.
Education & Qualifications
- M.B.B.S - MRMC medical college, Gulbarga
- MS (Gen Surgery) - Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore
- MCh (Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery) - Madurai Medical College, Tamil Nadu
- Worked as a Medical Officer, Govt. of Karnataka Health and Family Planning Service
- Worked for two years at primary Health unit, K R Pet, Chikmagalore district
- Joined teaching Cadre as a lecturer in Plastic surgery at Bangalore Medical College
- Worked in various facilities at Bangalore medical college, Medical college Hubli and Mysore Medical College
- Served as Prof. and Head of the Department of Plastic Surgery, Bangalore Medical College
- Founder Secretary of Mysore Surgical Society
- Organized CME and ICS South Zone conferences
- Former Executive Member Bangalore Surgical Society. Former Treasurer Burns Association of India Karnataka State Chapter.
- Head of plastic surgery department BMC
- Organized free cleft lip and palate camps and conducted surgeries on patients at Vivekananda Girijana Kalyana Kendra B R Hill’s.
- Professor & Head of Department of Plastic Surgery, J N Medical College, Belgaum Karnataka
- Consultant in Plastic Surgery, Indira Gandhi Institute of Child Health, Bangalore
- Visiting Consultant Plastic surgeon PES medical College Kuppam AP