Dr. Girish G Nelivigi is a Consultant in the Department of Urology at United Hospitals. He has worked with many prestigious hospitals for over 21 years and gained immense expertise in the field. He is a member of the Karnataka Urological Association and a Member of the Urological Society of India.
Education & Qualifications
- M.B.B.S - Bangalore Medical College
- M.S. (General Surgery) - Command Hospital Air Force, Bangalore University
- DNB (Urology) - National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- M.Ch (Urology) - Lokamanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital and Medical College
- Worked as a Lecturer in Urology at Lokamanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital, Mumbai(Feb 2002 - Sep 2003).
- Worked as a Lecturer in Urology at KEM Hospital, Mumbai. (Sep 2003 - Dec 2007)
- Worked as Associate Prof. in Urology at Institute of Nephro Urology, Victoria Hospital Campus, Bangalore.
- Worked as a Consultant Urologist at Nelivigi Multispeciality and Urology Hospital, Bangalore and at Sakra World Hospital, Bangalore.
Research & Publications
- Acute Urinary Retention: Have we reached a consensus? Review article in,” The Indian Practitioner”, Vol. 56, no . 7, July 2003.
- A case of the primitive neuroectodermal tumour. Bombay Hospital Journal, volume 46, no.02, April 2004.
- Emphysematous cystitis- a case report. African Journal of Urology, vol.11, no.3, 2005.
- A rare complication of silver nitrate therapy in chyluria. Indian Journal of Urology, April 2007.
- Review article: Robotic surgery: India is not ready yet. Indian Journal of Urology, the year 2007, volume 23, issue 3.
- Malakoplakia of ureter: a rare case. A case report was published in the Indian Journal of Urology in the May 2008 issue.
- Laparoscopic surgeries
- Reconstructive urology
- Kidney stone surgeries
- Renal transplantation