Dr. Manamohan N
United Hospital Jayanagar, Bengaluru
Dr. Manamohan N is a passionate and enthusiastic Psychiatrist who brings discipline and honesty to the table. The experience of working in various kinds of psychiatry settings both in India and overseas has given him a comprehensive outlook of the branch of mental and behavioural health. With significant training in general hospital psychiatric unit during his core curriculum, he is well versed and confident in liaising with different medical departments of the hospital. This would in-turn help the patients a comprehensive health care. With subsequent training in national institute like NIMHANS and psychiatric units overseas in Australia, his psychiatric skills have been honed further and this would include state of the art psychiatric service to the clientele.
He secured 7th rank in National Talent Search Examination held in 2004, was awarded “Young Scientist Award” by the government of Karnataka in 2007 and was awarded as the Best Outgoing Post Graduate for the batch of 2014 from St Johns Medical College.
Education & Qualifications
- MBBS - KMC, Manipal
- MD (Psychiatry)) - St John’s Medical College, Bangalore
- DNB (Psychiatry) - National Board of Examinations, Delhi
- MRC (Psychiatry) - Royal College of Psychiatrists, London
- SST – RANZCP
- 9+ years in adult psychiatry covering a vast range of psychiatric disorders such as Schizophrenia, mood disorders, substance use disorders, anxiety disorders, OCD, dementia, eating disorders etc. This period also included regular duties in emergency psychiatry.
- Senior Resident at National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences “NIMHANS” Bangalore.
- 3 months in child psychiatry covering various disorders in the child guidance clinic along with inpatient care, with specific experience in behavioural management, parent management training, and therapy for sexual abuse.
- 2 months training in neurology including independent neurology emergency duties and 1 month training in both medicine and emergency medicine.
- 1 month of working in Psychology unit which included supervised conduction of various therapies like CBT, Supportive psychotherapy, DBT, Reattribution therapy, Group therapy, Individual therapy, Person oriented therapy etc.
- 1 month of working in psycho-social work unit which included Family assessments and therapy, marital therapy etc.
- 12 months of working as senior resident in adult psychiatry which includes apart from regular clinical work, training post graduate students in the field of psychiatry
- Experience of working in the 1st perinatal psychiatric unit in India for about 2 and half years.
- Experience in electro-convulsive therapy, having administered more than 500 modified ECTs.
- Worked as part of a multi-disciplinary mental health team, including clinical psychologists, psychiatric social workers and mental health nurses.
- Worked as a Senior Psychiatric Registrar at Victorian Institute of Forensic Mental Health at Melbourne for a period of 16 months till recently. Gained the specialist Specified Training under Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists.
Research & Publications
- A rare case of complicated opioid withdrawal in delirium without convulsions - Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine. Published 28th march 2017: 39 (2); 191-193
- Awareness about Diabetic Retinopathy among Diabetic population - “Chakshu” official journal of Karnataka Ophthalmic Society. Published July 2011: 28(2) 55
- Eye and Psychiatry - “MINDS” Newsletter. Published in October 2014 issue
- Psychiatry trainee stressors in a postgraduate psychiatry training centre in India - BJPsych International. Published on 28th September 2018 https://doi.org/10.1192/bji.2018.25
- An unusual presentation of Chronic lymphocytic Leukaemia as delirium, WPA - Regional Conference 2015, Kochi
- Neurosyphilis with Psychiatric manifestations: Still to be considered, KANCIPS 2015, Shimogga
- Involuntary admission of foreign nationals, International Conference On Law And Mental Health 2016, Bangalore.
- An Atypical presentation of Psychiatric Symptoms in Wilsons disease, ANCIPS Raipur, 2017
- What influences breast feeding: infant’s temperament or maternal psychopathology and premorbid personality?
Workshops/ Conferences/ Seminars Attended
- Attended World Psychiatric Society Regional congress in Kochi 2015
- Attended International Conference on Law and Mental Health 2016, Bangalore
- Attended annual national conference of Indian Psychiatric Society held at Raipur 2017
- Attended 5th National Bioethics Conference, 2014, held in Bangalore.
- Attended 5th Annual National Conference of Society for Bipolar Disorders India, 2014 held in Bangalore.
- Attended CME on “Current Trends in the Management of Bipolar Disorders” in 2014, held in Bangalore.
- Attended CME on “Dementia : Can we reduce the risk” in 2014, held in Bangalore