Dr. Pavan Prasad B K holds immense experience in the field of Surgical Oncology. He is an expert in his field and is presently practising as a Consultant in the Department of Surgical Oncology at United Hospital. Dr. Pavan is known for pioneering innovative treatments and leading-edge approaches and has helped countless patients over the span of his career. He has been a part of many training programs and has worked with numerous prestigious institutes.
Education & Qualifications
- M.B.B.S - Hassan Institute Of Medical Sciences, India
- M.S (General Surgery) - Bangalore Medical College And Research Institute, Bangalore
- Senior Resident: General Surgery - Rajarajeswari Medical College And Hospital
- Diplomate of National Board, General Surgery, National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- MCh (Master of Chirurgiae) Surgical Oncology - Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore
- Worked as a Senior Resident in the Department of General Surgery at Rajarajeswari Medical College And Hospital from 2016 to 2017.
- Practised Clinical Observership in the Department Of Gastroenterology and HPB Oncology at Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai in 2019
- Practising as a Consultant Surgical Oncologist at Oncoville Cancer Centre and Research Institute, Bangalore since 2021
Areas of Expertise/Interest
- HPB and GI oncology
- Surgical oncology
- Head and neck oncology - resection and reconstruction
- Gynecological oncology
Research & Publications
- Hand swellings-Beyond the obvious. P. Prasad, T. Naik, P. Kumar, Shashikala. Presented at ASI ASICON 2014, Hyderabad, India.
- Giant cell tumour of the tendon sheath of hand. P. Prasad, T. Naik, P. Kumar, Shashikala. Presented at KSC ASICON 2015, Mysore, India.
- Primary varicose vein surgery – vein stripping versus flush ligation of vein alone without stripping. P. Prasad, T. Naik, P. Kumar, Shashikala. Presented at ASI ASICON 2015, Gurugram, India.
- Intrathoracic liposarcoma- how often do we see it? P.Prasad, S. Altaf, R. Arjunan, Ramachandra, Srinivas, Manjunath, Arun, Usha A. Presented at NATCON 2019, Kolkata, India.