Dr Sagar Srinivas K works as a Consultant in the Department of Anaesthesiology, Critical Care & Pain Medicine at United Hospitals. With 3 years of experience in the field, he has gained expertise in performing procedures using video laryngoscopes and flexible bronchoscopes for difficult intubation; and use of ultrasound to perform procedures of various nerve blocks, compartment blocks, central and peripheral venous cannulations, arterial cannulation, etc. He has worked with many eminent hospitals, where he has been exposed to anaesthesia management of obstetrics, general surgery, orthopaedics, ENT, ophthalmology, once surgery, plastic surgery, paediatric surgery, surgical gastroenterology, neurosurgery, urology, faciomaxillary surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, critical care & postoperative care. He is also trained in perioperative case management of all high-risk cases.
Education & Qualifications
- M.B.B.S - Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute
- M.D (Anaesthesiology) - Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute
- F.I.P.M (Fellowship in Interventional Pain Medicine) - Daradia Pain Clinic
Research & Publications
- Presented PODIUM PAPER in 65th ISACON at Kolkata in December 2017 titled “efficacy of pre-operative oral melatonin on postoperative pain in patients undergoing infraumbilical surgeries under subarachnoid block- a double blind randomised control study.” Published in Indian Journal of Clinical Anaesthesia, July-September, 2019;6(3):420-424
- Poster presentation in 35th ISACON Karnataka at Davangere in August 2018 on succinyl choline apnoea.
- Completed dissertation on the topic “A randomized double-blind study on entropy changes in response to bimanual cricoid pressure during induction of general anaesthesia” in November 2018.
- Participated in organising committee of BAC-UP 2017, a CME on endocrine anaesthesia.
- Participated in organising committee of RAW 2018, a workshop on regional anaesthesia.
- ICMR paper on “Evaluation of effectiveness of IEC activities on general population regarding mental health” in 2012.
- Regional Anaesthesia
- Peri-operative pain management
- Chronic pain & cancer pain management
- Labour Analgesia
- Difficult airway management
- Critical Care
- Anaesthesia, Critical Care & Pain Medicine