With over 15 years of experience in the field, Dr. Shiva Kumar V has gained immense expertise in both Endoscopy and Open Surgery. He holds a special interest in Endourology, Andrology and Female Urology, and is striving seamlessly to contribute to the field with his knowledge and skill
Education & Qualifications
- M.B.B.S - J.J.M. Medical College, Davanagere, Kuvempu University
- M.S (Gen.Surgery) - Bangalore medical college, Bangalore, RGUHS, Karnataka
- MCh Urology - Institute of Nephro-Urology Victoria Hospital Campus, Bangalore
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, DEPT. OF GEN. SURGERY, Kamineni Institute of Medical Sciences, ANDHRA PRADESH
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, DEPT. OF GEN. SURGERY, Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College, Kolar
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, Dept of Urology, Institute of Nephro-Urology, Bengaluru
Research & Publications
- Participated in Symposium on Posterior urethral valve in KUACON (17th),2012 and got 1st prize
- Presented a poster in the SUZICON,2013 LESS lap donor Nephrectomy- our initial experience
- Presented paper on LESS laparoscopic donor Nephrectomy using conventional instruments, in 47th annual conference (USICON), New Delhi,2014
- Presented a poster in KUACON 2012, Gulbarga A rare case of intestinal tuberculosis presenting as bladder mass Dr. Shivakumar V, Dr Nagabhushan, Dr A.J.Kamath
- Presented a paper in the 63rd annual conference (ASICON) Dec 2003, Pune “Changing trends in thyroid swelling presentations”, Dr. Shiva Kumar V, Dr N.Srinivasan, Dept. of General Surgery, Victoria hospital, BMC, Bangalore.
- Presented a paper in the 63rd annual conference (ASICON) Dec 2003, Pune “Modified Sugiura procedure – our experience”. Dr Shiva Kumar V, Dr Ashok Kumar, Dept. of Gastro-Intestinal Surgery, Victoria hospital, BMC, Bangalore.
- Presented a poster in the annual conference (ASICON) Dec 2003, Pune“ Persistent Mullerian duct syndrome” Dr Shiva Kumar V, Dr Siddappa, Dept. of Pediatric Surgery, Victoria hospital, BMC, Bangalore.
- Published paper as the first author, “Effectiveness of EMLA cream local application on ESWL-A prospective randomized study”, PARIPEX-Indian journal of research, volume 06, issue 1, Jan 2017
- Published paper as the first author, “Efficacy and safety of ESWL in pediatric urolithiasis”, PARIPEX-Indian journal of research, volume 06, issue 3, March 2017
- Published paper as the fifth author, “Success of ESWL in renal and upper ureteric calculi based on stone attenuation value of 990 HU”, PARIPEX-Indian journal of research, volume 05, issue 9, March 2016
- Worked as a Co-investigator on a clinical study # 3074A1-301-WW conducted by US-FDA.
- “A multicenter double-blind randomized comparison of the efficacy and safety of Tigecycline to Imipenem/Cilastatin to treat complicated intra-abdominal infections in hospitalized subjects”.
- Worked as a principal investigator in a clinical study an audit of bladder injuries in Institute of Nephro-Urology, Bangalore
- working in an ongoing clinical study A comparison of cytology and HPE of patients with carcinoma of the bladder, in Institute of Nephro-Urology, Bangalore
- Participated as an Expert in the National consultation meeting for revision of National List of Essential Medicines (NLEM)-2011, BMCRI, Bangalore
- Working in many ongoing clinical studies in the Institute of Nephro-Urology, Bangalore
- Selected for Dr Ravindranath Travelling Fellowship in SZ-USICON, 2013
- Endoscopic Surgery
- Open Surgery
- Laser Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery