Dr. Shwetha B.A. is one of the most trusted names when it comes to Opthalmology treatment and care. She has conducted various free eye camps for rural and economically weaker sections of society in associations with community charitable trusts in rural areas of Kambadahalli, Gauribidanur, Chittoor, Hospet, etc. She has performed over 6000 cataract surgeries to date and is often invited as a Guest speaker in community gatherings and electronic media on eye awareness. She is a member of prestigious organizations like All India Ophthalmological Society, Karnataka Ophthalmic Society, and the editorial board of MEDPULSE indexed journal. She is also a Trustee of Paras CharitableTrust(R), Bangalore, Karnataka.
Education & Qualifications
- M.B.B.S - Adichunchanagiri institute of medical sc&rc, Karnataka
- DNB (Ophthalmology) - Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences & research center, Bangalore
- Consultant at Apollo Hospitals, Jaynagar, Bangalore
- Consultant at P.D. Hinduja-Sindhi Hospital, Bangalore
- Served as a Consultant in various reputed eye hospitals like Prabha Eye Institute, Vijaya Nethralaya, Aditya Nethralaya, Manav Charitable Hospital(JINDAL group), Bangalore.
- Asst. Professor, Dept of Ophthalmology, Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Whitefield, Bangalore.Karnataka
- Served as Principal at Milestone Institute of Allied Sciences, Jayanagar, Bangalore
Research & Publications
- Original article-The Bacteriological study of Chronic dacryocystitis Shwetha B.A, Vittal Nayak IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences(IOSR JDMS)e-ISSN:2279-0853,p-ISSN:2279-0861.volume 13, issue 3 Ver. VI.(Mar.2014),pp30-36
- Original article-Comparative study of serum and aqueous humour electrolyte levels in cataract patients-Tasneem A F, Shwetha B A, Mamata N-IJRTST ISSN 2277-2812 E-ISSN 2249-8109 vol 12 issue
- Original article-A comparative study in axial length of eye and radius of curvature of cornea between myopes and emmetropes in Indian population. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences-Tasneem A F, Shwetha B A, Vittal Nayak I.
- Original article-Retinal manifestations in anaemia-A clinical study Seema C, Vittal Nayak I, Sanjana S, Shwetha B A, Medpulseaugust 2014(180;422-424
- Case report-Anterior segment dysgenesis Shwetha B A, Vittal Nayak I, Seema C, Tasneem A F, Sanjana S, Aluri B International J.of Recent Trends in Science and Technology. vol 10 issue 1, 2014 pp194-195
- Case report-Axenfeld Rieger Anamoly Tasneem A F, Vittal Nayak I, Shwetha B A, Ali Akbar Jafarian Lari ..Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences/Volume 3/Issue 15/April 14, 2014.
- Case report- Behcets disease Shwetha B A, Vittal Nayak I, Tasneem A F, Tushar Patel Medpulse Volume 1, Issue 1-January 2014
- Case report-Von hippel landau syndrome TasneemA F,Shwetha B A,Ali akbar jafarian lari Medpulse august 2014:1(8);414-416.
- Short communication-Alternative surgical approach for intraorbital tumor-neurilemmoma- International J.of Recent Trends in Science and TechnologyAIOS 2015-DELHI
- E-Poster presented during AIOS-2015 annual conference.
- LASERS (YAG Capsulotomy, PRP)
- Cataract (SICS/Phaco)
- Oculoplasty (Entropion,Ectropion(VY,Z plasty); Blepharoplasty)
- Cornea (Pterygium with autograft)
- Strabismus (Horizontal muscles)
- Injuries (Lid tear repairs, anterior segment trauma)
- Socket (Evisceration, enucleation)