Our commitment to Privacy:
Collection and processing of personal information:
Personal information including sensitive personal data may be received, processed or stored by United Hospital only under valid contracts entered into with providers/users.
The types of personal information received by United Hospital may include the following but not limited to: names, addresses of natural persons, as well as sensitive personal data such as demographic data like gender, date of birth etc, password, financial information like Bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details, medical records and biometric information etc.
Accessing or correcting your personal information: At any time, the provider can request regarding their own personal information maintained at United Hospital for various purposes as listed below but not limited to:
Update of personal information
Deletion of personal information
United Hospital will respond to such requests as soon as possible after confirming the authenticity of the requestor and the request.
How to contact us:
Should you as an information provider have any grievances on the data collected, processed or stored by United Hospital, you may reach out to the Grievance Officer with questions or concerns about these Privacy policies as follows:
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: Privacy Officer, No.110 (30), Madhavan Park Circle, 10th Main Rd, 3rd Block Jayanagar, Bengaluru - 560 011, Karnataka | India
United Hospital Hospitals Online Privacy Notice Updated Sept 2018
This Online Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how United Hospital Hospital and its affiliates (“United Hospital Hospitals”, “us”, “our” or “we”) collects, uses and shares information from or about you through any online interface (e.g., Website or mobile application) owned and controlled by us (the “Site”, meaning singularly, jointly and severally, any Website or Websites). We will use and share any information that we collect from or about you in accordance with the United Hospital Hospitals Privacy Notice (above), which provides choices in the use and sharing of information. When using any of our Sites, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Notice.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
All the information provided to us by a Provider/User, including sensitive personal information, is voluntary. Personal Information that we Collect Online “Personal Information” means personally identifiable information such as information you provide, or that others provide to us on your behalf, via forms, surveys, applications or other online fields including but not limited to name, postal or email addresses, telephone, fax or mobile numbers.
How We Use Personal Information
You understand that United Hospital, either itself or with its Partners, may use certain information of yours, which has been designated as ‘sensitive personal data or information’. We may use Personal Information to:
- Respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- Send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- Send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Personalize your experience on the Site;
- Allow you to participate in surveys, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose Personal Information;
- Analyze data for our business purposes, such as audits, medical records, enhancing the Site, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; Analyzing software usage patterns for improving product design and utility or;
- For commercial purposes and in an aggregated or non- personally identifiable form for research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes
- Control risk, to comply with laws and regulations and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements.
- For sale or transfer of such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to our Partners.
Provider hereby consents to such use of such information by United Hospital and its Partner. Other Information We Collect Online
“Other Information” is any information other than Personal Information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you such as your date of birth;
- Aggregated and De-identified Data
How we protect your personal information
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with Indian law. These measures include computer safeguards, Data and Database Encrypting, and secured files and buildings.
How We Collect and Use Other Information
We and our third-party service providers/users, if any, may record, collect and use Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Site functions properly and for security purposes.
You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site.
Use of an analytics and optimization service that tracks and analyzes activity on the Site. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to continually improve the design and functionality and to understand how people use the Site.
Use of pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other technologies: These may be used in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to measure the effectiveness of our communications, the success of our marketing campaigns, compile statistics about usage and response rates and to assist us in resolving customers' questions regarding use of the Site.
Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems and administering the Site.
Aggregated and De-identified Data: “Aggregated and De-identified Data” is data we may create or compile from various sources, including mouse clicks and movements, scrolling activity and text you type into the Site. This information is used for business purposes, which may include offering products or services, research, marketing or analyzing market trends and other purposes consistent with applicable laws.
Social Media Sites
If required by law, we may provide any and all information we have about you to law enforcement or other government agencies, pursuant to a subpoena, warrant or other order by a court of competent jurisdiction. Where required by applicable law, we will require written documentation of the request, proof of the identity of the law enforcement official making the request, and we will take steps to authenticate the validity of the request. Any law enforcement or government agency request submitted with less than a court-issued order will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis according to the need and urgency, as well as the particular law enforcement agency making the request.
CASUAL VISITORS NOTE
To maintain the accuracy of the Personal Data, as well as to prevent unauthorized access and ensure the correct use of Personal Data, we have implemented appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard and secure the Personal Data we collect.
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol—an industry standard for encryption over the Internet—to protect in transmission the Personal Data we collect online. When you type in sensitive information, it will be automatically converted into codes before being securely dispatched over the Internet. All electronic Personal Data that we maintain in DB is securely stored and further protected through our use of appropriate access controls.
In addition, to better protect certain Personal Data, some areas of the website channels are inaccessible unless you supply individually identifiable and verifiable information,
As stated above, in some instances we may entrust Personal Data to third party service providers/users (including service providers/users outside of your jurisdiction) upon your acceptance, binding them to protect the security of Personal Data and only to use it for the purposes we specify.
Providers’ Personal Information is maintained by United Hospital in electronic form on its or its employees and Partners equipment. Such information may also be converted to physical form from time to time. We take necessary precautions to protect your personal information both online and off-line, and implements reasonable security practices and measures including certain managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures that are commensurate with respect to the information being collected and the nature of United Hospital’s business. United Hospital makes all User information accessible to its employees only on a need-to-know basis.
Notwithstanding the above, United Hospital is not responsible for the confidentiality, security or distribution of your personal information by our Partners and third parties outside the scope of our agreement with such Partners and third parties. Further, United Hospital and its Partners shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond the reasonable control of United Hospital and its Partners including, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, poor quality of Internet service or telephone service of the User etc.
Choice / Opt Out
From time to time, we may send you e-mail, e-mail newsletters or Site news updates alerting you to new features, products, promotions or services pertaining to the Site. If you no longer wish to receive these materials from us you may opt-out of receiving them. We will gladly comply with your requests for removal. Opt-Out Procedure: In compliance with the Can-Spam Act, on each marketing email transmitted by the Site, there are instructions for opting out of receiving future emails. Such instructions may include, without limitation: (a) clicking a link on the email which sends a reply to the sender’s server instructing the server of the sender’s desire to opt out of future emails, or (b) instructions for mailing a written request to be removed from future emails. All requests to opt out of future emails will be respected.
UPDATES TO THIS ONLINE PRIVACY NOTICE
In the future, we may need to change this Online Privacy Notice or the United Hospital Consumer Privacy Notice. Please review it periodically. All changes will be made here so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information and whether we may share it with anyone. Any change to a Privacy Notice will become effective when we post the revised Notice on the Site. Your use of the Site following these revisions acknowledges your receipt of the revision and your agreement to and acceptance of the revised Privacy Notice.
CONSENT TO THIS POLICY
Payment Refund and Cancellation Policy
This Payment and Refund Policy sets out the terms and conditions on the basis of which we UNITED BROTHERSS HEALTHCARE SERVICES PRIVATE LIMITED, a company duly incorporated under the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013, having its registered office at 4th Floor, No 27, Shivadarshni Apts, Besides Safina Plaza, Infantry Road, Bangalore, India (collectively, “United Hospital”, “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”), will process payments and refunds for transactions carried on United Hospital through your use of the website (collectively referred to as the “Platform”)] while availing services made available to you over the Platform (the “Services”). United Hospital may assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under this Payment and Refund Policy to any third party, as it may deem fit, and you shall continue to be bound by this Payment and Refund Policy in the event of such assignment or transfer.
- UnitHospital shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever, if incorrect or inaccurate details (including those concerning credit or debit card(s)) are provided by you for making the payment of the Fees or if you use a credit or debit card which is not lawfully owned by you or if you permit a third party to use your password or any other means of accessing your bank account or credit card or debit card. Please note that neither we nor the Payment Aggregator will be monitoring your use of any payment channel and you are required to use the payment modes at your sole option and risks.
- The Payment Aggregator may block any card number, account numbers, group of cards or transactions from any specific blocked or blacklisted customer cards, accounts, group of IP addresses, devices, geographic locations as deemed fit.
- The Payment Aggregator and banks reserve the right to reject payments with respect for any order including for suspicious and unlawful transactions, potential or actual fraud, suspicious activities, card authentication and authorization issues, over payment made due to mathematical errors or any other issue.
- United Hospital shall keep the financial information confidential at all times and shall not utilize and share the same with any of the third parties unless it is a third party consented to by you and/or required by law, regulation or court order.
REFUND and CANCELLATION POLICY
- Refunds for all eligible cancellations are issued through the payment method used at the time of purchase, except for cash payments made under the Pay on Delivery mode of payment.
- You will not receive cash refunds in connection with a card sale.
- Refunds cannot be processed to third-party accounts. The name on your UNITED HOSPITAL Account should match with the name of the bank account holder.
- Refunds will only be made against genuine and trackable cancellation requests generated by you by emailing the request to our backend team on the email id given (email@example.com) Refund request against delays, nature of advice obtained, efficacy of treatment, health outcomes of consultation will not be entertained.
- Refunds may be processed within 30 working days from the receipt of a request from you. All communications with regards to refund should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No refund for any eligible cancellation will be processed beyond 6 months of placing a cancellation or return request. However in exceptional circumstances, you may claim a refund beyond this stipulated period at the sole discretion of United Hospital. The refunds for such exceptional circumstances will be in the form of “health credits” that you may be able to use for purchase of goods and services from the same company.
- United Hospital reserves the right to modify / implement a new pricing structure at any time prior to billing you for your initial payment of the Fees or for future payments of the Fees.
- All cancelllations (if any) have to be notified within 48 hours to the designated email ID (email@example.com) to be eligible for cancellation. The cancellation acceptance will be at the sole discretion of the United Hospital team which will go through the case and accept the cancellation if found eligible.