Posted on : 11/02/2022 Views : 200
Hemorrhoid Removal Surgery: A permanent solution for your piles
Do you feel embarrassed to talk about hemorrhoids? Are you trying to hide it out even from your spouse or partner? If yes, then do not do it anymore. With as little as people talk about this, it is very common among the Indian population. By the age of 50, approximately half of the population will develop hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids affect over 75% of the population at some point in their lives.
Although hemorrhoids are prevalent, not every case requires medical attention. Some of these can be cured with home remedies and a few lifestyle changes. However, some severe cases may need professional help including surgery. You should know when to opt for medical advice and when to have surgery as a permanent treatment. As per the best doctors in Jayanagar, you should not delay a hemorrhoid removal surgery if your doctor has suggested you the same. To know more, keep reading this blog!
Understanding the problem and the reason behind it- Hemorrhoid:
Most people find it embarrassing to discuss the same as they assume that if you have piles, it may be because of poor hygiene that causes this. The stigma associated with hemorrhoids results in understanding very few people that this may cause by other factors like
- lack of body movements,
- sitting for a long period,
- childbirth, or
- due to pregnancy.
Your doctor may ask you a few questions about your lifestyle. Knowing about the cause of your hemorrhoids may help your doctor to diagnose and treat them effectively.
This can also help to prevent returning hemorrhoids in the future.
Type of hemorrhoids-
Most people don't have any idea about the type of hemorrhoids they are suffering from. Internal and exterior variants of the disease exist, and their treatment and symptoms differ significantly.
- Internal hemorrhoids are the most painful, difficult to treat, and can result in internal bleeding.
- External hemorrhoids are considerably easier to cure and prevent than internal hemorrhoids.
What is the treatment option for hemorrhoids?
According to our surgeons practicing hemorrhoid surgery in Bangalore, severe cases may need surgical intervention as treatment.
- Hemorrhoidectomy is the surgical procedure for removing hemorrhoids. To remove the same, the doctor makes minor cuts around it.
- Local anesthesia (where the area being operated on is numb and you are awake but calm) or general anesthesia (where you are put to sleep) are two options.
- Hemorrhoidectomy is normally performed as an outpatient treatment, and you can return home the same day.
- The area can be sore and unpleasant afterward because it is particularly sensitive near the wounds and you may need sutures.
After the procedure-
- Your breathing tube (the tube that has been used for breathing while you were under anesthesia) is removed
- Your doctor will advise you to have high-fiber foods, green fruits, and veggies.
- You should drink plenty of liquids/water
This will help to prevent constipation during the recovery
During the recovery-
Your doctor may recommend you to
- Have warm bath
- Take medications like stool softeners to avoid any irritation around the anus and
- Pain relievers to make yourself comfortable after the surgery.
What is piles laser surgery?
Other than the regular hemorrhoidectomy surgery, these days, the Laser beam is also used for the treatment.
- The hemorrhoids, which are swollen and inflammatory anal tissues, are burned and shrunk with a laser beam.
- The surgeon employs a tiny beam of laser to focus on the tissues, disrupting blood flow and allowing the tissues to fall off. The technique is non-invasive and does not result in any bleeding or pain.The recovery is also fast and effortless.
For how long you should stay in hospital?
Hemorrhoidectomy is an outpatient procedure i.e in most cases, patients can return home on the very same day. In some cases, the patient might have to stay in hospital for at least 2-3 days based on the overall health condition of the patient.
Is having Hemorrhoid removal surgery safe?
The surgery is performed within an hour or so. There are not many complications associated with the surgery. However, you should call your doctor immediately, if you experience the following -
- Unbearable pain around the area
- Redness or inflammation
- Pus drainage from the wound
- Sudden bleeding (a lot)
- If you can’t pee or poop easily
Conclusion- If you have hemorrhoids, don't let your embarrassment come in your way of seeking help. Our experts offering hemorrhoid removal surgery in Jayanagar can help you in treating these issues and bringing you relief.