Posted on : 30/05/2023 Views : 298
Maximize Your Recovery – Essential Do’s and Don’ts After Appendix Surgery
Most of us are aware of Appendicitis and its symptoms. We are also aware of the consequences of ignoring those symptoms. Appendectomy is one of the proven surgical treatments to cure appendicitis and it has been a highly successful and preferred type of treatment by many patients.
However, versatile general; surgeons from United Hospital, Bangalore are of the opinion that it is not just the surgery but also the rehabilitation program after appendix surgery that equally matters a lot.
Hence, Diet after Appendectomy has a considerable amount of significance too. To be of help to many people who would be wondering about After Appendectomy what to eat after, doctors at United Hospital share their thoughts on Dietary restrictions after Appendectomy to aid in quick recovery.
What to Eat after Appendix Surgery
According to the best general surgeon in Bangalore working with United Hospital, the Appendix surgery recovery diet should focus on improving the digestion system which would have weakened after the surgery.
- Include Pineapples in your diet which are rich in a specific enzyme in your Post Appendectomy Diet as it helps in healing wounds and reducing infection.
- Appendicitis diet after surgery should include fruits like lemon, kiwi fruits, guavas and oranges which are rich in Vitamin C which is essential in quick recovery.
- To speed up recovery, doctors at United Hospital also recommend including abundant quantities of green leafy vegetables, carrots and potatoes which are rich in Vitamin A, another very important and essential ingredient.
- Practice regular consumption of yoghurt and buttermilk to ensure smooth bowel movement.
- Increase intake of zinc-rich products like legumes
- Have more ginger, broccoli and beetroots to help your steady progress to recovery
What not to eat after Appendix Surgery
Medical experts warn that certain types of food have to be avoided while recovering from surgery. They include,
- Processed food
- Food rich in fat
- Food rich in oil
- Deep fried foodstuff
Food after Appendix Surgery is a crucial decision. While it is understandable that one cannot stay away from choicest food for long, it is one’s own health’s interest to be safe than sorry. For more information on what can you eat after appendix removal, feel free to connect with our expert surgeons at United Hospital, Bangalore for the best and most suitable advice.