Posted on : 13/07/2022 Views : 295
Tummy tuck: Turn your dream of a sculpted waistline into reality.
We may have different perceptions of beauty, but there is something that we all want - looking our best and feeling confident at all times. Isn't it? We believe that almost everyone reading this blog can relate to it, after all, the way you carry yourself says a lot about you. Now imagine, how would you feel, sitting with your friends, doing your best to hide your belly flab? You try to hold in your stomach, or cover it up with your clothes: but, these are only temporary solutions, and sometimes the bulge is still evident. Sit-ups could be helpful to some extent but it may take ages to show some positive results.
We are not saying that lower belly flab is embarrassing, but, it does have a great impact on your overall appearance and no matter how hard some people try, they just can't get rid of it. If you are experiencing the same problem, a tummy tuck could be an option for you. In this blog, we have tried to explain the procedure in detail, with the help of experts specializing in plastic surgery in Jayanagar.
What is a tummy tuck?
The tummy tuck is a commonly used name for abdominoplasty, a surgical modality that aims at sculpting the lower belly, so as to enhance its appearance and shape. The procedure works by removing unwanted skin and fat from the area, which is done under anesthesia. It is usually recommended to people who are finding it difficult to reduce lower belly flab or want instant results. The best plastic surgeon in Bangalore suggests that the tummy tuck procedure can also prove to be quite helpful in getting rid of stretch marks that develop in and around the belly.
So, what is belly flab?
Belly flab is the term used to define the loose skin that hangs from your belly. Most people tend to associate it with fat accumulation, however, it is pertinent to know that flabby skin can also be a result of reduced elasticity of skin or excessive stretching of the muscles and connective tissues in the abdomen. This is quite likely to happen during pregnancy or drastic weight changes. The problem is nothing to be embarrassed about, but something you need to work upon.
Who can go for a tummy tuck?
Unfortunately, the tummy tuck procedure cannot be performed on everyone and there are certain eligibility criteria that have to be met. The procedure is usually considered to be suitable for:
● Women who have had 2 or more pregnancies and are not planning any more in the future
● Moderately obese people who have excessive fat deposits in and around the belly
● People with a stretched or weakened abdominal wall
● Post liposuction
● Women who want to get rid of the scar after a C-section
A tummy tuck is not recommended to:
● People who are extremely obese, with a BMI of 30 or above.
● Women who are planning to conceive in the future
● People suffering from comorbidities like heart problems and diabetes
● People who wish to lose a very large amount of weight.
Explore your options:
The tummy tuck procedure can be performed in two different ways depending upon the specific need and preference of the patient.
● Complete abdominoplasty involves a large incision, from one hip bone to the other, which allows the doctors to contour a large section of the tissues and skin. The belly button of the patient is also removed during the procedure.
● Partial abdominoplasty is also known as mini abdominoplasty. It helps to remove excess tissue and skin in the area below the belly button, which in this case, is not removed.
If you wish to know more about the procedure and explore your options, consult the experts from the best plastic surgery hospital in Jayanagar today.