Posted on : 03/10/2022 Views : 222
What is LUTS Best urology doctors in Bangalore
Best urology doctors in Bangalore working with United Hospital ascertain that close to 50% of the male population aged above 60 years can develop LUTS
What are the symptoms of LUTS?
Experienced urologists associated with United Hospital Jayanagar rated as the best urology hospital in Bangalore observe that symptoms of LUTS are broadly based on their categories.
Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms can be classified into two categories:
- Storage Symptoms
The symptoms found under this category include:
- Urgency to pass urine
- Increase in frequency of urination
- Needing to get up at night to pass urine
- Urge incontinence
- Voiding Symptoms
The symptoms observed under this category which may be due to a bladder blockage, include:
- poor flow of urine
- hesitancy in urinating
- terminal dribbling,
- incomplete voiding
- overflow incontinence (occurs in chronic retention).
Causes of LUTS
Urology specialists in Bangalore at United Hospital attribute the causes of LUTS to the following conditions:
- Benign Prostate Hyperplasia or enlarged prostate
- Kidney stones
- Bladder stones
- Chronic prostatitis
- Prostate or bladder cancer
- Excessive fluid intake
- Certain types of Neurological disorders
How is LUTS Diagnosed?
United Hospital has some of the best urologists in Bangalore with a proven track record for diagnosing and treating LUTS successfully. The best Emerging hospital for Urology uses some of the most advanced diagnostic techniques to give a correct assessment based on the symptoms presented.
Some of the methods employed include:
- Test to assess the prostate
- A urine dipstick test to check for urinary tract infection
- Routine blood tests including sugar levels and complete blood count to check for diabetes
- Kidney function test
- Urodynamic studies -Uroflowmetry
- Upper urinary tract imaging
Lower Urinary Tract Infections can be quite bothersome if not diagnosed and treated on time.
Depending upon the severity of the symptoms your treatment might include:
- Lifestyle measures
- Reduction in consumption of alcohol, caffeine and carbonated drinks
If the symptoms are severe or drug management of symptoms haven’t been successful then your urologist might suggest surgical intervention. Some of the related surgeries performed at the hospital successfully by our vastly experienced Uro surgeons include:
- Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP)
- Transurethral Vaporisation of the Prostate (TUVP)
- Open Prostatectomy